First-author peer-reviewed journal articles
1. Uddin S, Reis KS, Heald SLM, Van Hedger SC, Nusbaum HC. (2020). Cortical mechanisms of talker normalization in fluent sentences. Brain & Language 201: 104722. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bandl.2019.104722
2. Uddin S, Heald SLM, Van Hedger SC, Nusbaum HC. (2018). Hearing sounds as words: Neural responses to environmental sounds in the context of fluent speech. Brain & Language 179: 51-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bandl.2018.02.004
3. Uddin S, Heald SLM, Van Hedger SC, Klos S, Nusbaum HC (2018). Understanding environmental sounds in sentence context. Cognition 172: 134-143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2017.12.009
Other peer-reviewed journal articles
1. Server S, Uddin S, GoodSmith M, Zhang A, Sherer R, Lio J. (2020). Learning at a social distance: A medical student telehealth service for COVID-19 patients. Accepted toMedEdPublish.
2. Nusbaum HC, Uddin S, Van Hedger SC, Heald SLM. (2018). Consolidating skill learning through sleep. Current Opinion in Behavioral Sciences 20: 174-182. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cobeha.2018.01.013
3. Van Hedger SC, Heald SLM, Uddin S, Nusbaum HC. A note by any other name: Intonation context rapidly changes absolute note judgments. JEP-HPP 44(8): 1268-1282. https://doi.org/10.1037/xhp0000536.
1. Uddin S, Van Hedger SC, Nusbaum HC, Fenn K. Effects of a daytime nap on perceptual learning of synthetic speech. Poster session presented at: Sleep and Circadian Research Trainees' Day, October 17 2017, Evanston, IL.
2. Uddin S, Heald SLM, Nusbaum HC. ERP signatures of environmental sound processing in linguistic context. Poster session presented at:
· Society for the Neurobiology of Language Annual Meeting, November 8-10 2017, Baltimore, MD.
· University of Chicago Neuroscience Annual Retreat, September 28-29 2017, New Buffalo, MI.
· University of Chicago MSTP Annual Retreat, June 23-25 2017, Lake Geneva, WI.
· American Physician Scientists Association Annual Meeting, April 21-23 2017, Chicago, IL.
3. Uddin S, Heald SLM, Van Hedger SC, Klos S, Nusbaum HC. Context effects extend to environmental sounds in sentence processing. Poster session presented at:
· Psychonomic Society 57th Annual Meeting, November 18-20 2016, Boston, MA.
· University of Chicago Neuroscience Annual Retreat, September 15-16 2016, New Buffalo, MI.
· University of Chicago MSTP Annual Retreat, June 24-25 2016, Oglesby, IL.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
1. Hamad, A.R.A.., Arcara, K., Uddin, S., Donner, T., 2012. The potential of Fas ligand (apoptosis-inducing molecule) as an unconventional therapeutic target in type 1 diabetes. Front. Immunol. 3. doi:10.3389/fimmu.2012.00196
2. Xiao, Z., Mohamood, A.S., Uddin, S., Gutfreund, R., Nakata, C., Marshall, A., Kimura, H., Caturegli, P., Womer, K.L., Huang, Y., Jie, C., Chakravarti, S., Schneck, J.P., Yagita, H., Hamad, A.R.A., 2011. Inhibition of Fas Ligand in NOD Mice Unmasks a Protective Role for IL-10 against Insulitis Development. Am. J. Pathol. 179, 725–732. doi:10.1016/j.ajpath.2011.04.016
1. Uddin, S., Hamad, A.R.A. Fas Ligand inactivation leads to pancreatic tissue-specific accumulation of IL-10- producing CD5+ B cells and IL-10- dependent protection from insulitis in NOD mouse model. Poster session presented at: Diversity Summer Internship Program, Baltimore, Maryland, 2010.
You can see my publications on ResearchGate here.